Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ceiling Treatment Inspiration

Ceilings are always the forgotten wall! I am personally a big fan of ceiling treatments, I especially love coffered ceilings! They are so elegant and expensive looking and add such a great feature to a space. I am not a big fan of the acoustic ceiling (popcorn ceiling) they are so plan and white and you can't paint them ( at least I wouldn't want to try to). I have all popcorn ceilings in my house except the bathrooms, in the basement powder room I will get to add colour to the ceiling when I paint... Hurray!

Here is a little ceiling inspiration for your homes...

Love The wood paneled ceiling especially in a cottage.
 
Panel Ceiling
Source: thedesginboards.com

Panel Ceiling
Source: buckboardhill.typead.com
Pressed Tin
Source: fine design blog

Pressed Tin
Source: HGTV.ca
My favorite coffered ceiling


Coffered Ceiling
Source: farm6.static.flickr.com

Coffered Ceiling
Source: desgin-ties.blogspot.com
Beam Ceiling
Source: brookegiannetti.typead.com


Beam Ceiling
Source: cococozy.com
Wallpaper Ceiling
Source: Liz Caan
Painted Ceiling
Source: Style at Home
Tray Ceiling
Source: hookedonhouses.net
Fabric Ceiling
Source: structure.com


The great thing about all the different ceiling treatments is that you can combined them to create an even more interesting eye catching piece.

Beam and panel ceiling
Source: all-pictures.biz

Beam and Painted
Source: cocokelly.blogspot.com
Coffered and Tin Ceiling
Source: structure.com
 More ceiling treatments.

Source: desginshuffle.com

Source: designshuffle.com
Cathedral Ceiling
Source: tinceilingtile.org
Source: southernexposure1.squarespace.com
Source: houzz.com
So many great options!! What is your favourite ceiling treatment?

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I love panelled ceilings in certain rooms and styles of home, and just like you I ADORE coffered ceilings. I'd love to add beams to our living room, but i just don't think it will work. We'll have to wait until our next home until we can start with fun ceiling treatments (at least... I hope we'll be able to haha)

Amanda Cromwell said...

Kerry- I feel the same way, I am also hoping that in my next house I can have some interesting ceilings!