Thursday, June 30, 2011

Craftsman Style

One of my  favourite styles of homes is the Craftsman style. I love the chunkiness of the style, with a grand entrance using large posts and columns with stairs leading up to a large covered porch. The deep overhanging eves, the window style and the exposed rafters and bracket work on the houses are also a few of my favourite elements of the Craftsman style. This style of house is very popular and all the elements can be seen in different houses around the city. It is the inspiration behind the exterior of my capstone house (here and here), I like the style plus it suited the style of my "clients".

Capstone house, Craftsman inspired. (its hard to see the little details in this photo)

Here are some inspirational photo's I used to create the Craftsman style.


















No comments: