Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Guest Post

I have been busy, busy but hopefully by the end of the week I will have some updates for you on the To Do List. Today I have a guest post....Nikki, my younger sister.



What's up everyone? I am Nikki, Amanda's little sis, and I will be guest posting about.... drum roll.....FOOD!!! Mmm. So yes, you guessed it, I like to cook and then take pictures of my *sometimes* beautiful creations, but those pictures then sit on my computer and do nothing. So recently Britt and Amanda have asked me to do some guest posts so they don’t go to waste.
So without further a-do, I present....


Chicken Adobo
Adapted from Budgetbytes.com




Ingredients
2 lbs           chicken drum sticks
1/2 cup       Soy sauce
1/2 cup       apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp         vegetable oil 
2 tbsp         Honey
2                bay leaves
2               Cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp        crushed black pepper


Arrange the chicken pieces in a large pot in one layer. 
Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, oil, garlic, bay leaves, and pepper in a bowl and whisk until the honey is dissolved. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or over night.

When ready. add water (about 1/2 cup) just up to the top of the chicken, cover the pot with a lid and bring it up to a high boil. When it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to medium/low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
Preheat your broiler on high. Remove the chicken from the pot and place it on a sheet pan with wire cooling racks placed on top. Place the chicken under the broiler until it is brown and crispy on top (5-10 minutes), depending on your broiler.
While the chicken is broiling, turn pot with the soy/vinegar liquid up to high and bring up to a rapid boil. Allow the liquid to boil heavily until it is reduced in volume by approximately one half. keep your eye on it though because once it starts to thicken it will burn pretty quick
spoon the reduced soy/vinegar liquid onto the browned chicken, serve with rice and top with chopped green onions if you desire.


This recipe was super easy and delicious. Beth M, Over at Budgetbytes, make some some pretty wicked recipes if you wanna check her out! Thanks for reading guys and I look forward to posting again!

No comments: