Sunday, November 13, 2011

Christmas DIY Wreath

This past week at work was really slow, so my manager and I decided to pull out the Christmas decorations too see what we had and what we could do. There was a tone of stuff!! We will probably spend the next week decorating the store.

 I love Christmas decorating, I don't have a lot of d├ęcor at home to decorate with so I am taking full advantage of being creative at work!

 On Friday I put a bunch of different items together to make a Christmas wreath, I found a plan old twig wreath in the storage room, so I spray painted it white. Then I came across some white mesh in the pile of "stuff" and wrapped it around the wreath, which kind of gave it a soft snowy look.


Next I took some fuzzy branch-like pieces (kind of like pipe cleaners) and added them to the wreath, along with some snowflake ornaments that are full of glitter.

I then picked through the different kinds of ornament bulbs that I wanted to place on the wreath. I choose a white, silver and blue theme for the wreath and all different sizes of bulbs. (I used a  hot glue gun to glue it all together).


This is what the finished wreath looks like....


Hanging on the wall...


Now I just wish I could bring it home! (I was full of glitter when I finished!)

Do you like decorating for Christmas? Do you have any favourite Christmas DIY crafts you like to make?

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Great work lady!! It looks lovely. You should get your DIY on to decorate at home too! :)

Amanda Cromwell said...

Kerry- Thanks! I want to do some Christmas DIY at home....Only if I had the time.

Mrs Aussie said...

Hello
I just wanted to let you know i have featured you on my blog as my top 20 diy wreaths

Happy Holidays
http://ourlittlenestonthelake.blogspot.com/