Thursday, December 15, 2011

Get Inspired- Victorian Style Exterior

One of my favourite styles is the Victorian style, I love the turrets, bay windows, odd shapes and especially the wrap around porches. 

Love the stone!
Source
I think the turret on this house is beautiful!
Source
Fits perfectly in the forest with snow...For Christmas.
Source
I love the asymmetry of this house and the colours used.
Source
"Stick Style" transition between Gothic and Queen Ann style
Source 
Gothic Style. The Gothic style is so spooky and reminds me of old casltes. I  love
the brick on this house and how the plants are growing on it.
Source
I love this house! It looks so beautiful with the
snow and glowing lights....Don't you agree?
Source
Another Gothic Style, I love the brick on this one as well and
how the center archway goes all the way through the house.
Source
A modern day Victorian style....I would love to live in this house!!
Source
Source
Row of Victorian houses.
Source
Source
Some of the design element that distinguish a house to be Victorian style are;
  • Large and irregular floor plans
  • One or more porches
  • Turned posts and spindles
  • Brackets
  • Barge-boards under eves
  • Stick work or shingles on upper walls
  • Traditionally painted in cheerful colour schemes
  • Wrap around porches 
  • Turrets
  • Bay windows
  • Odd corners
  • Overhangs
  • Gingerbread trim
What do you think of the Victorian style? What is you favourite style of house?

No comments: