Anyway... I left off with floor plans and some of my 3D renderings done in Google Sketch-up (here & here).
Now I am going to show you my material, finishes, furniture selections, hand renderings and presentation boards. The materials board had to cover all the surfaces in the house. I was required to only do one 3D rendering but I have two to show you. We also had to source out furnishings for 5 rooms... The kitchen/dinning room, living room, master bedroom and a three piece bathroom.
By the way this is a long post...Just thought I would give you a heads up!
Hand Rendering of floor plan
Materials and Finishes board- Interior
You can't see the labels on the materials so I numbered them for you so you can see where they belong.
- Flooring in mudroom, foyer and powder room
- Stone on Fireplace in living room/dinning room
- Countertop in ensuite 2 and main bath
- Flooring in ensuite 2 and main bath
- Shower tile in ensuite 2 and main bath
- Hardwood flooring throughout house
- Paint throughout house
- Countertop in kitchen- Perimeter
- Backsplash in kitchen
- Cabinets in the kitchen- Perimeter/ this is also the colour of all the mill-work in the house
- Flooring and shower floor in ensuite one and tile around fireplace in master bedroom
- Wall tile in shower and backsplash around bathtub in ensuite one
Hand Rendering of Kitchen- Unfortunately I didn't get my hand rendering of the dining room back from the teacher so maybe someday when I have some time I will have to render it again.
Furniture selection for Kitchen/Dining room- The numbers on these selection boards correspond with the source of the item and all of the information about it. I was going to link it to this (just in case anyone wanted to know where to get something) but, I can't seem to find my source pages anymore.
They might be on my laptop which isn't working at the moment, so hopefully when its working again I can take a look to see if they are on it.
Hand Rendering for Living Room
Furniture Selection for Living room
Fabrics for Kitchen/Dining Room and Living room
|Sorry the fabric and colours don't look|
very good in these pictures
- Layered window treatment in dining room
- Layered sheer window treatment in dining room
- Dining room chairs, living room chair fabric and throw pillows
- Ottoman fabric and throw pillows in living room
- Sofa Fabric in living room and bar chair fabric in kitchen
Floor Plan for Master Bedroom
Furniture Selection for the Master Bedroom
Fabrics for Master Bedroom
|Sorry about the bad picture again.|
- Layered sheer window treatment in bedroom
- Layered window treatment in bedroom
- Chaise lounger fabric
- Chair fabric and throw pillows
- Bench fabric and throw pillows
- Duvet blanket fabric on bed.
Floor Plan for Master Ensuite
Furniture Selection for Master Ensuite
Colour Scheme for the House- Benjamin Moore colours
|Some of these colours look really pink and they are not...except Muskoka dusk|
- Nimbus Gray- 2131.50- P9/ Master bedroom/Mudroom
- Star Dust- 2108-40- P4/ Media room
- Silver Gray- 2131-50- P10/ Bedroom 3 (boys room)
- Abalone- 2108-60- P3/ Garage/ Office
- Silver Fox- 2108-50- P1/ Living room/kitchen/dining room/hallways
- Oxford White- CC-30- Trim/baseboards
- Misted Green- 2138-50- P6/ Ensuite 2 and main bath
- Lacey Pearl- 2018-70- P2/ Pantry and Master Ensuite
- Silver Merlin- 2139-50- P5/ Guest Bedroom/ Back wall in kitchen/dining room
- Muskoka Dusk- CC-6- P8/ Bedroom 2 (girls room)
- Camelot-CC-4- P7/ Bedroom 2 (girls room)
S1- Stone Selex- Snow white- Fireplace in living room
T1- The Home Depot- Micro Stone Blend tile- Ensuite 2 and main bath
T2- The Home Depot- Blue Grass Tile- Master ensuite
And there you have it the interior part of my capstone!
There is still an exterior part to the project but I think this post is long enough so I will show you the exterior another day (I won't wait a year to do it either).