Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kitchen Sneak Peek

This past weekend I was working hard on getting the kitchen cabinets done, but I don't quite have them done yet....I am very close though.

Here is what went on over the weekend... Some painting


I used a product called Cabinet coat, it is a urethane re-enforced product, so it leaves the cabinets with a hard satin finish and it is easy to work with. This is the same paint I painted the inside of the cabinets with and it has held up great! (post here)


After all the painting was done we started to drill the holes for the screws to fasten the hinges on. This was an easy job, especially since my dad let us borrow all the proper tools to get it done. I choose to use the European style hinge so they would sit on the inside of the door so you can't see them. I also like these ones because the door closes easily.


Here is all the doors with the hinges attached. 


On Sunday afternoon my dad was over to install the doors. We ran into a few problems installing them because the cabinets are warped from being so old that the doors ended up sitting crooked....But dad adjusted the hinges so the door sit straight...Hooray, what would I do with out him!


Putting cabinet doors on was a lot harder than I thought it would be, especially since Chris isn't that handy and I can't do a lot of that stuff myself. I am so glad my dad can help out and knows what he is doing!

This is all I am going to show you of the kitchen for now....consider it a sneak peek! I still have to do some painting touch-ups and put on some knobs, once I finish up I will do a final reveal.... You will just have to be patient.  

My kitchen to do list.
  • Install new flooring
  • Buy and install baseboards
  • Sand cabinets
  • Paint cabinets and new doors
  • Install new doors with new hinges and knobs
  • Buy fridge and stove 
  • I have decided to add one more to the list and that is to re-paint the walls. I am going to use the same colour otherwise I would have to paint the hallway and up the stairs, so it should be a quick one coat touch-up.

P.S. Sorry about the crappy pictures most of them were taken at night and I don't have good lighting in the kitchen.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

It's looking good Amanda! Can't wait for a full reveal!... And I guess I will get to see you this weekend?

Amanda Cromwell said...

Kerry- Thanks! I am just glad I don't have to look at open cabinets anymore and see all the clutter.

Yes, I will see you this weekend!